Monday, July 28, 2014

MIA and a Christmas Sale

 If you are looking for the CardMaker and The Stamps of Life Blog Hop, please scroll down or click:
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello everybody!
I'm back! It's been awhile since I posted something not scheduled. It's been a pretty awesome summer so far and I hope you all are enjoying  your summer as well.  I have been MIA for over a month and I missed you all.

A few weeks ago, we had family visiting from the UK.  My hubby's brother and his family came to spend 3 weeks with us.  (They are Filipino/British) They recently got their British citizenship so we told them to celebrate it with us here. My hubby Sam and his brother Genesis haven't seen each other for 13 years. But they talk on the phone, they Skype/FaceTime. I haven't seen Genesis and his wife Irene for 21 years and I have not seen their kids at all! So it was something that I was really looking forward to.  My parents were also visiting from Ukraine so our house was really packed...with fun and laughter!

So what did we do while they were here? We toured the around Chicago, went up the Willis Tower...saw all the sights and of course did some shopping.  But the major event that we had was our 
ROAD TRIP!
 
And this was our route:
 
We started from Chicago and we drove to Orlando FL. (Passing IN, KY, TN GA) We stayed a few days in Orlando to visit Disney and Universal Studio. Then we drove from Orlando to Washington DC. (passing GA, SC, NC, VA) We stayed there for the weekend and celebrated my son's birthday in Richmond, VA. My parents  had some work/meetings in Washington DC so they couldn't come with us for the 3rd leg of our roadtrip.
Early Monday morning, we drove up to Niagara Falls, Canada. (passing PA, OH, NY). After 3 days in Canada, we started our drive back to Chicago. But we didn't want the road trip to end. So while driving, we were making plans as to where we will be going for our next road trip. So that was just part 1 of our road trips!
 
I got sun burned, a dozen insect bites, slept in uncomfortable beds with a lack pillows, got some ugly tan lines or zebra stripes on both arms and legs, had the frizziest, cotton-candy-like hair in Florida, had a nasty blister on both feet after walking all day around Washington DC....BUT over all it was FUN!!!
 
These are just a few of the photos I have on my phone. My phone was assigned for navigation so taking pictures was sort of limited for me.







SO that pretty much is the reason why I haven't been in the card making scene for awhile.  But now, I'm back! Probably not in full swing just yet because it is still summer and my son is still off from school and keeping him busy takes much of my crafting time.

Anywhoo...are you guys ready for a sale? A Christmas sale? Well, if you're thinking of starting to make your Christmas cards, today is the right time to visit and shop at Stamp and Create:

All Christmas Designs in the Christmas Sale section
are on sale 25% off.

**Plus all orders with Christmas Sale items will receive a free set of
Christmas Themed Charms**

OK. I hope you are still with me. Sorry for my long post.
Thank you stopping by and I hope to see you again soon
 

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!