Saturday, February 2, 2013

Blessings

Hi Friends.
Early this week,  I received this stamp (Drip Drop Tilda). The first time I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it. It was raining when I got this from my mailbox.  When I opened the package, a lot of things came to my mind...all about rain. I was trying to think about what cards I can make with it.  

I remembered my son's 7th birthday party. We celebrated it in the same garden where we had our wedding (in the Philippines). There were lots of kids and they all were having so much fun. But right in the middle of the games, it started to rain.  So we had to move the tables and food to the covered area. While everybody was busy moving things around, my son came to me and with tears in his eyes, he said..."Mom, it's raining...and it's my birthday...".  I hugged him tight and told him..."every drop of rain is a blessing. Your party is not over." He smiled and hugged me back. 
 
Another thing that came to my mind was the song "Blessings" by Laura Story. This song has so much meaning to me. After I colored the image, I tried to figure out how to layout my card and what words to put for my sentiment. But the song keeps playing in my head. So instead of making a card, I made this 6x6 page and wrote the last part of the song like a journal. 

This now sits on my desk.



These words just hit me..


Tilda in the rain


I'm thinking of starting a smash book.  I really don't know how and where to start but I think this is a good way to start one.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Mae

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout & so personal to you too. Lovely hon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious card, Mae....adore your magnificently colored Tilda and your lovely design work! Thanks for sharing your sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Wonderful! LOVE how you colored her Mae! Totally charming, delightful creation! I knew the song you were talking about before I clicked over to hear! : ) Thanks for sharing and blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable and lovely Mae, not only the 6 x 6 but also your story behind it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!